It’s 3 o’ clock. Lunch seems like an eternity ago and there’s absolutely no way you’ll survive a gym sesh and the tube home without feeding that little monster inside your STARVING belly that just will. not. shut. up. Cue: The 3pm Snaccident, Episode 2.
Summer Berry Protein Oat Bars. High carb with a liddle protein boost, these delicious flapjack-y bites of goodness will be sure to keep you fuelled throughout the afternoon or workout. With no refined sugar, the recipe uses only the natural sweetness of honey and berries. I’ve used a frozen berry mixed I found in the freezer section of Waitrose, but fell free to use whatever berries you like, fresh or frozen! (Tip: frozen berries are so much cheaper than fresh, and you never have to feel guilty for throwing half a pack away!)
INGREDIENTS (to make 12 portions)
200g porridge oats
120g ground almonds
50g (2 scoops) PhD Diet Whey Vanilla Creme
90g pitted dates
140g frozen/fresh berries
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a small brownie tin/pie dish with 0 calorie spray.
2. Add half the oats (100g) to a blender with the ground almonds and protein. Blend until combined and oats have been broken down.
3. Add the dates and whizz for 20-30 seconds.
4. Add the berries and honey and pulse for a couple of seconds. The mixture should turn berry-coloured but you want to keep some of the fruit’s texture.
5. Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the remaining oats. Use your hands to make sure the oats are fully incorporated.
6. Press into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
7. Once cooled, cut into squares/slices and store in an air tight container.
Enjoy, and try not to eat them all at once! X